- Onshore Sharjah block covers approximately 1243 sq km of acreage near existing gas - condensate fields.
- The 2D seismic data was acquired by WesternGeco in Q3, 2008.
- The data indicate significant potential recoverable volumes in line with existing onshore gas condensate field sizes in the Northern Emirates.
- Crescent completed interpretation of the Thamama horizon and identified several leads and prospects with significant potential recoverable volumes in line with the existing onshore gas – condensate field sizes.
- Farm-out agreement signed with Rosneft Oil Company early June 2010.
- Drilling activity started in June 2010, in a project which involves drilling two exploration wells to an estimated depth of 15000 ft.
- Concession handed over to Government upon expiry of license period
- Situated in the heart of one of the world's major and prolific hydrocarbon basins.
- The acreage is flanked to the east by Dubai’s Fateh and Rashid oil fields complex, to the north by the Sirri oil field of Iran and to the west by the prolific oil and gas fields of Abu Dhabi.
- Salt Dome hydrocarbon plays are prevalent throughout the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea and within the Arabian Gulf.
- Previous 2-D seismic survey indicates the project's considerable potential.
- Comprehensive 3D/2D seismic survey design covering the island and the surrounding area of 12 nautical miles were conducted during 2008.
- Crescent Petroleum and its affiliate, Dana Gas signed agreements in April 2007 with Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq for the development of its substantial gas resources, including the launch of the Kurdistan Gas City.
- Agreements include the development, processing, and transportation of natural gas from the Khor Mor and Chemchemal Gas Fields, in order to provide natural gas supplies to fuel domestic electric power generation plants near Erbil and Suleymania.
- Gas deliveries to the Erbil Power Station commenced on 1st October 2008 via the 180 km pipeline within a record period of 15 months.
- The benefits to the Iraqi people include urgently needed electricity to 6 million residents alongside a saving of USD$ 2.5billion per year from displacement of liquid fuel import costs.