HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY AND ENVIRONMENT
Given both the challenging and volatile environments in which we operate, the health, safety and security of our people is of the highest consideration. Our commitment to protecting our workers and communities, preserving the environment, and maintaining the integrity of our assets is set out in our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policy and realized through our HSE management system and Emergency Response Plans (ERP). Specifically, we adhere to OHSAS 18001 guidelines and have created a strong safety culture across all our operations.
Safeguarding our people and stakeholders
We have a strong collective culture of safety in which everyone is responsible for their own safety as well as those around them. Crescent Petroleum prioritizes safety in employee training. For example, our Safety Training Matrix matches specific trainings to each personnel position, ensuring that every employee is fully aware of their role in ensuring individual and group safety.
Safety training workshops are also extended to contractors to help reduce the number of health and safety incidents in our supply chain. In 2015, over one thousand individual HSE training sessions were delivered at our operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). We maintain an incident register to record all health and safety incidents and lessons learned which helps us to further improve our approach to HSE across Crescent Petroleum operations.
The ERP framework is designed to facilitate a quick and immediate response that is appropriate to the nature of the emergency. Naturally, we go far beyond dealing with emergencies. Keeping in mind the importance of our employees’ health and well-being, the Company is a leader in providing regular health check- ups, counselling, and treatment to employees, workers, and their families.
Safeguarding our Environment
Crescent Petroleum has an exceptional track-record of environmentally responsible project planning and execution. Our Environmental Aspects Procedure (EAP), first implemented in 2010, applies the same level of engagement and transparency to environmental challenges as to management and business decisions and our goal is to leave a legacy of environmental care in the communities where we operate. This complements our Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) policy to ensure that we follow a systematic approach to environmental management, waste minimization and pollution prevention and control.
In Crescent Petroleum we are committed to:
- conduct our business activities in a safe and responsible manner which protects the health and safety of its workers and the public
- preserve the environment
- maintain the integrity of corporate assets
- ensure the highest quality of products and services and
- respect our neighbors and contribute to the societies in which we operate.
To comply with this policy, Crescent Petroleum shall
- Adhere to all applicable laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist
- Identify, analyze and effectively manage all QHSSE risks arising from Crescent Petroleum work activities
- Set annual QHSSE objectives and performance targets, and conduct reviews at planned intervals to monitor the progress and achievements
- Provide work policies and procedures that meet appropriate performance standards and continuously reduce QHSSE risks
- Assure the competence of all staff and contractors to perform their duties in compliance with Crescent Petroleum QHSSE standards
- Continually improve QHSSE performance standards, including reducing and where possible preventing accidents and environmental pollution
- Engage effectively with neighbors and impacted communities
- Hold all employees accountable for their actions.
Crescent Petroleum shall endeavor to take adequate steps to continually improve their processes, quality of products and services, and HSSE performance. Policies, objectives and the QHSSE Integrated Management System will be reviewed at regular intervals for continued suitability and relevance.
CEO, Crescent Petroleum