- UAE Gas Supply Project involves the ownership, transportation, processing, distribution, marketing and sale of natural gas and petroleum products.
- Crescent Petroleum is a gas resource owner and has rights to existing and future gas supplies, including a supply of gas underpinned by a 25 year agreement with National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC). NIOC is the second largest gas resource holder in the world. Total investment by NIOC to develop the gas reserves and install the infrastructure to-date is in excess of US$ 1.5 billion.
- Crescent Petroleum through its affiliates has secured long-term agreements for the sale of gas with ultimate end-users in the UAE.
- US $300 Million investment in the gas sweetening plant and the transmission facilities, which are owned by SajGas and UGTC respectively, both wholly owned subsidiaries of Dana Gas PJSC.
- Gas deliveries by NIOC were expected to commence in 2008, however, due to further technical issues, the completion of the Iranian facilities to produce and transport the gas to CNGC was delayed. Recent information from NIOC about the status of the Iranian gas facilities to deliver the gas to Crescent Petroleum indicated further delay.